Social Science

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Can someone explain social dwarwanism?

am i low or high on the list. I make strait A's, I live in a middle class home, I use recreational drugs, and I"m clumsy.



Social Darwinism is a belief, popular in the late Victorian era in England, America, and elsewhere, which states that the strongest or fittest should survive and flourish in society, while the weak and unfit should be allowed to die.


The theory was chiefly expounded by Herbert Spencer, whose ethical philosophies always held an elitist view and received a boost from the application of Darwinian ideas such as adaptation and natural selection.





Some extreme Social Darwinists argued that it was morally incorrect to assist those weaker than oneself, since that would be promoting the survival and possible reproduction of someone who was fundamentally unfit.





You would be pretty low on the list!


* Middle-class


* Drug use


* Clumsy





Don't feel bad - I'm an amputee.


According to Social Darwinism, I should have been snuffed out ages ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Science