Social Science

Monday, July 12, 2010

What type of mental disorder causes someone to habitually lie to seek attention while feeling bad about it?

I am doing some research for a psych project and I am wondering if any of you know mental disorders well enough to accurately tell me what illness this could be.



Symptoms:

Habitual Lying and Slandering for Attention (often they start to believe these stories as part of their life after a while)

Depression and Anxiety

Sleep Problems

Get this - Extreme and Sometimes Debilitating Guilt (this may or may not lead to change)



so they know what they are doing and they know that it is wrong. they even feel bad about it. i was thinking it could be an anti social disorder or even psychopath if the lying got too out of control but the guilt factor threw me off. any ideas? please do not answer if you do not know. i am not looking for random comments either as this is a project and i need real insight. thanks for understanding.
Sounds like borderline personality disorder, but let me check.



Edit: After more looking, I think that

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Science