Social Science

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Are there body

I won't mention any race per se, since I know that subject is really dangerous to broach, but in my own personal experiences, I have noticed differences among different ethnicities and/or races. Without barking at me about race, could you give me your own honest answers?



yes people do have different smells, and its not always what they eat, read below:








APOCRINE GLANDS





What are they? Apocrine glands are the sweat glands which are found in hair follicles primarily in the armpits and genital areas. The other type of sweat glands are eccrine glands. Eccrine glands are responsible for thermoregulation of the body (sweat). Apocrine glands are responsible for body odour.





Different races have varying concentrations of apocrine in their body. The Japanese and Korean people have amongst the lowest concentration of apocrine glands, and it for this reason why people which belong to that race have a muskier body odour (scent). The amount of apocrines prevalent in a given race will determine what type of scent they will produce. Caucasians and Africans have higher concentrations of apocrine glands, and hence will have a "heavier" scent.





The apocrine and eccrine glands work hand-in-hand. Because people with darker skin (Africans, Aboriginals, etc) sweat more than people with lighter skin (result of eccrine glands), their scent will be a bit heavier than of Caucasians (even though they both have approximately the same levels of apocrine glands).





People who eat primarily meat will have a heavier scent than a person who primarily eats vegetables. Food (diet


) does change the type of odour which a person produces. Like I mentioned in the thread mentioned above, an Indian person who eats a lot of spicey food will have a different body odour to an Aborigine who eat primarily eats "unflavoured" meat.




No, I've only noticed odor on certain individuals. Sorry if this sounds politically correct to you, but it's the honest truth. Actually, I usually don't even notice a distinct smell on people at all. Perhaps this smell that you are thinking of is just some kind of perfume, or product that people living in your area frequently use? It also depends on the individuals health/diet and environment, which depending on your location, could play a large part in it.




Yeah, that's very true. Somebody told me we smell like musk but she didn't say what kind of musk. I hope I don't smell like an animal. LOL! It must have to do with diet. I had a vietnamese roommate in college. She used this stinky fish sauce on everything she ate and I swear she smelled just like that fish sauce.




different cultures eat different foods, which produce different smells when processed through the body. most times it's the food they're eating.




Most body odors are caused by illness or diet. The balance are caused by the environment we are exposed to.




Sometimes but not always because not everyone in any race is all the same.




every person varies, depending if they keep up with their hygiene. Sometimes I gag when I pass through one that has very poor hygiene.




Of course there are depending on food and products uses or not used.




Yea because people have different diets. and don't be racist i know what your hiding and your wrong.




Dang pinky you are doing to much..But I must say that every time I do get eyebrows done I hold my breath girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Science