Social Science

Monday, March 30, 2009

Why is everyone on GWS a labeller?

All of the GWS users are constantly labelling everyone and making generalisations. Calling everyone feminist or anti-feminists. Why are you all such labellers????





Personally, I'm anti-labelism.



So you wouldn't label yourself as gay or straight? People use labels for everything.





EDIT: Aren't you labeling yourself by calling yourself an anti-labelist?




Personally, I'm for scrapping the whole nitsy little "personal names" and "pronouns" bit. Because really, every time you say 'dog' or 'it' or 'tree', him her she they them etc you're naming them, right? Or is that just calling them by their name? Or are you being possessive? Are names not labels? Heh? Whaz going on again I think I lost track of the question...? O_o




It's just like you to ask a question like this, you pro-ask-questions-like-this-er.





Putting a label on someone really does demean them, huh? How distasteful.





Bella: It's a good point. Still, I'd point out that both "straight", and particularly "gay", have been high insults to many. Labels can be used to attach a note of hostility, although it's a good point that doing so isn't necessarily the case.




By saying that all the GWS users label, you just generalized haha. I try to avoid labels as well. People seem to get angry when you say you don't like labels though. Just like everything else on here, there's no pleasing everyone... sometimes not anyone.




I am also against the concept of labeling.


As for the gay or straight thing and labels: that is more black and white. There's a lot of gray area with some people being labeled femnist or anti-femnist, or liberal or conservative for that matter.




Anti-labelism?


Feministriachy?


Femorrhoids?





Where do you come up with these words?





My label: Winter Glory.




I got one for Christmas and now I can't stop. I label the plastic containers in the pantry, the baby's toy bins, the laundry bins....it's addictive.








Aren't you the same little boy that's constantly throwing "labels" on feminists? Like fat, smelly....mean because one of them dumped you and now you're taking it out on all of them?





Guess what I'm going to type up in my labeler for you? It begins with an "h."





EDIT-Never mind. So you two are back together? How sweet.








Geez..."hypocrite", OK? Because you complain about how people label others, but do the same thing yourself. That's hypocritical behavior, right?




I am an anti-feminist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Science