Social Science

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I

Maybe she has it or doesn't like Starbucks as a company?


Or do you think that it's better not to give a receipt and assume that it will be fine?



I'm a tutor and I would love a Starbucks mug. I don't think the gift receipt is necessary. If she doesn't like it she can re-gift it. You sound like a nice, generous person.




Hi there Sheila,





I would simply give her the gift, minus the receipt. When I give a gift I prefer not to share the cost of the gift, which a receipt would of course give her.





You might be able to get a gift receipt from Starbucks without a price, since it is a gift. The gift may have a box itself, so if your tutor does not want that gift, she can exchange it.





You can enclose a gift card with your name and email address if you really want to communicate with your tutor and not looking for a "thank you" note. Why not just add, "keep in touch when you have time", and that will give her the opportunity to use your email as she feels comfortable.





It sounds like a really nice gift. Mugs are always popular as gifts as they are so versatile.





Troublesniffer


Loves giving gifts




A gift receipt would be fine to give, but not really necessary for that type of gift.





As far as your tutor contacting you - how do they tutor you? They must have a way to contact you. Also, you are giving them a gift; how are you doing that?





If you are not going to see her anymore, then you could give a "keep in touch" note with the mug which includes your e-mail. That would relieve the potential she thinks you need a thank-you note.




No. It is a small gift for thanks (I assume). It is not she could return it for a different color or size. Anyone can use a mug for anything, water, coffee, tea, pot a plan in it :-) Besides, if she returned such a thing as a coffee mug then she should be tutored.





If she doesn't want it, you can send it my way...mine just broke :-)




it is a gift of appreciation..just a small token..if she is that particular about it, then she can regift it to someone else.. i think the gift receipt is not needed..i'm sure she will appreciate the gesture..


I got crazy wacky used things for Christmas from some of my kids..where the gift was not great, i was absolutely thrilled that they thought of me...their love and appreciation was worth way way way way way more to me than any gift in the world!!


She will feel as if you appreciate her by just there mere thought of a gift, not what the gift is.




yes. and perhaps a $5 GC for a cup of joe!





there is nothing offensive in giving a gift receipt with a gift. I usually like to give people an option of returning if the item isn't going to be used by them. as I'd rather them enjoy my gift as opposed to it just gathering dust on a shelf.




have you ever seen her with starbucks?





i wouldn't bother with the receipt but give her the email address.


Starbucks is a good company, they treat their employees well and practice fair trade. it's her problem if she doesn't like the company.




Lmao, I can't imagine anyone being like, "Starbucks?! Why this is insulting, I buy my coffee from Dunkin Donuts!"





I think you'll be fine. :p




Great gift, very thoughtful.


Give mug, small amount gift card, no receipt necessary.


Include a short note. Providing your email address is fine.


Most of us communicate via email, etc.




With something that inexpensive, I wouldn't worry about it.


You might enclose a gift card to go with the mug though...


Peace




i would just give her the mug....if she already has one then she will have 2....and if she doesnt like it thats her problem..i mean its the thought that counts right.




A gift receipt couldn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Science