Social Science

Monday, March 30, 2009

Why do people block others for no good reason?

Can people not handle differing opinions?



The idea of a forum is to hear everyone's opinions and share and even debate the topic. So blocking someone means the poster doesn't want a debate from an opposing poster. Seems to defeat the whole purpose of a forum.




Well, if it's for "no good reason", then it's probably for a bad reason, or a reason that's not really good or bad. But it seems pretty presumptuous to assume that there was no good reason to begin with.





Still, as I ask with everything like this- why care?




I block stalkers and those who send me nasty emails. I also block people who block me and those who can only type the same old hackneyed lies instead of using critical thinking to answer a question. I also block people who use yahoo for spam.




The Arctic Cat can't handle opinions. I don't care though. She doesn't have anything interesting to share.




Apparently not. Some people want to hear only what they want to hear...





but then you have certain trolls who just go onto your question to be stupid. Those folks deserve to be blocked if you ask me.




It's like a 3 year old saying "you hurt my feewings, you're not my friend anymore"





Why ask on a public forum if you don't want ALL points of view?




i get a little thrill when people block me...it means that i've gotten so far under their skin that they want to pretend i don't exist




I don't.I just block the a**holes.




I have been blocked by many fems don't hurt me any lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Science